Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Support / Re: Can't add shard
« Last post by Kos on July 03, 2019, 09:33:47 PM »
Legends of Sosaria, and we're using the latest ServUO repo and client.  We may have resolved our issues though.  Missed a setting in forwarding the port.  I'm surprised it was working at all.  We're about to load up remotely again to test things. 
« Last post by Red Squirrel on July 03, 2019, 09:50:27 AM »
What is your shard link/ID?  I will check logs.   What emulator/version are you using? 
Support / Re: Server not being updated on ping correctly.
« Last post by Kos on July 03, 2019, 08:29:32 AM »
This sounds like the exact issue I'm having now.  Did this ever get resolved?
« Last post by Kos on July 03, 2019, 08:00:35 AM »
Ok, finally got listed again, but the same issue with us showing offline has started.  Until 2 a.m. this morning we were reading with an incredible ping and uptime was at 99.2% last I checked.  Checked when I got home from work at we're at around 60% uptime, while there has been no interruption in the shard being online.  I'm confused.  If we were blocking the ping somehow then I'd imagine it wouldn't have been reading online all yesterday evening and half the night.
Support / Can't add shard
« Last post by Kos on July 02, 2019, 04:18:38 PM »
After our recent issues with moving our shard to a dedicated server we decided it made more sense to remove ourselves from Gateway and to re-add the shard so we could monitor whether the change was worth it.  We removed ourselves successfully but, on trying to add ourselves back in, we get the message 'It seems you already have a shard'.  I'm wondering if there's a decay period where a shard is still in the system but not showing, and how long it takes before we can add ourselves again.
Support / Re: Gateway won't recognize my account or server suddenly
« Last post by Kos on July 02, 2019, 12:56:23 PM »
First thought I had was that our firewall was blocking the ping, but wouldn't that block it 100% of the time rather than intermittently?  We're going to allow Gateway's IP through anyway and see if that does it.
« Last post by Kos on July 02, 2019, 12:48:52 PM »
It is still an issue.  Since removing the posting on gateway and setting it up again, we started at 100% uptime and we're down to 86% now.  At no point since reposting have we gone down.  Nobody has been booted, and we haven't even done a restart.  Operations are solid, but it seems like Gateway's having trouble pinging us. 
« Last post by Red Squirrel on July 01, 2019, 02:16:04 PM »
Wonder if it just took a while for DNS to propagate, is it still an issue now?
Suggestions / In progress / Re: Pingback/postback for voting
« Last post by Red Squirrel on July 01, 2019, 02:15:16 PM »
Funny I was actually thinking about this the other day.  Was thinking some kind of token is generated by the shard and it's added to the vote link, and then uogateway would send a POST request to a URL on the shard's site with that token to confirm the vote went through. 

I have no immediate plans to do this (just busy with other projects) but it's definitely something I will look into. 
Suggestions / In progress / Pingback/postback for voting
« Last post by +Colibri on June 30, 2019, 07:58:47 PM »
Hey, posting a suggestion:

Some toplist sites have a pingback functionality - when someone votes for a site, a confirmation is sent from the toplist website to the shard's website or server, that makes it possible for the vote rewards to be given out fairly. If there's no confirmation, and a voting stone gives a reward just for opening the link, some people don't bother to actually vote, that's often the case with topsites that have captcha.

Would you consider adding this function to the shard listings?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

This website and service is non profit other than the little revenue received through ads.
Donations are appreciated to help keep this service going.