Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Inactive shards with votes now show up in list
« Last post by Red Squirrel on October 02, 2021, 01:12:21 AM »
This seems to be functioning as intended, but if you see anything that's not right let me know. 

News / Inactive shards with votes now show up in list
« Last post by Red Squirrel on September 30, 2021, 12:14:22 AM »
Shards that are offline for more than 7 days go inactive which means they are polled less often. The main reason for this is that polling a shard that is down actually takes a lot of time because it has to wait for time out.

As shards go defunct or simply go offline for long time, it's best to just stop polling these.  When there is extra time left over to poll, then a few inactive shards do get polled at a time and can eventually go back in the list.

I have decided however to make a small change to this.  If a shard is inactive but has votes, it will show up in the list.  This is to allow for shards that may not be reachable by our poller to at least be on the list as long as they get votes.

keep in mind however that when votes reset, it's possible the shard ends up off the list again, and it will only show back up during the next inactive polling interval.

As I type this I have just updated the poller and site and some things may seem a bit off in the list until the poller catches up.  If you notice anything weird like your shard not showing up when it should, let me know here.
Support / Re: Shard listing issue
« Last post by Red Squirrel on July 10, 2021, 02:32:09 AM »
Interesting so it looks like there is another shard that uses the same IP and port as yours, but I'm not sure how that is possible.   Do you have more than one shard hosted on the same server?

This might be some weird glitch but not sure how it's happening, very strange.

I fixed the URL for you though. 
« Last post by SoullessOne_ on July 09, 2021, 05:09:59 AM »
Hey there, yeah any time I try to make any change looks like it tells me the shard already exists. I can't submit an attachment for the picture

I'm trying to change the website so it properly goes to https://www.yeoldesphere.com but I can't do that either.
« Last post by Red Squirrel on July 09, 2021, 04:29:39 AM »
Hmmm interesting, so you're just changing the port on the existing listing or were you trying to re-add?  It should not do that. Just tried it now with my shard and seems to work.

I'll have to figure out how to reproduce it.  I changed the port for you and cleared the stats for the time being.  It's showing online now.

Support / Shard listing issue
« Last post by SoullessOne_ on July 06, 2021, 07:06:34 AM »
My shard YeOldeSphere  has changed its port from 2594 to 2593 but I can't seem to change it on the listing. Keeps telling me the shard already exists and I cannot change it.
Uptime % is incorrect now due to false downtime. Can you please change it to 2593 and wipe my downtime? or remove the shard and let me re-add it?
The gateway poller counts as a connection so it deducts one to get the actual players.  Ex if it did not deduct all shards would show at least one online.

Hope that makes sense.
Support / Why does UOG show 1 less player online than amount sent by shard?
« Last post by Xuri on June 20, 2021, 07:40:24 PM »
Is there a particular reason why UOGateway server info displays 1 less player online than is sent from the server response?

I noticed that if server sends Clients=1, website shows 0 online. If server sends Clients=2, website shows 1 online. The same data sent to a different shard list service shows the correct amount of online players.
News / Re: RunUO is back
« Last post by +Colibri on April 09, 2021, 03:35:13 PM »
Great news!
News / RunUO is back
« Last post by Red Squirrel on March 30, 2021, 05:11:53 AM »
So a while back the runuo.com domain expired.  It went to auction and I bid on it for a bit but eventually tapped out as I'm saving up for something IRL so didn't want to spend too much.  It sold at $1,265.00.   It then went for sale for $14,995 which I figured pretty much marked the end of an era.

Out of curiosity I went to it, and lo and behold, looks like Ryan and the team decided to start it back up.  I am not sure why they let it expire though.

It looks like a database save from when the site was tied to Demise, Hybrid, and the rest of the network and I tested several of my accounts from back in the day and they do work so pretty sure it's legit.

There is not much activity on the forum though and it's been open for a while now.   I feel now that everyone moved to ServUO the ship has probably sailed, but good on them for starting back up I guess.

Figured I'd share. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

This website and service is non profit other than the little revenue received through ads.
Donations are appreciated to help keep this service going.