Author Topic: Vote bots, online count cheating etc  (Read 2951 times)

Red Squirrel

• Administrator
  • Seeker
    • Age of Valor free UO Shard
Vote bots, online count cheating etc
« on: June 15, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »
This has been brought up on several occasions and I do realize it is an issue.  While this is unfortunately something hard to police, there are certain things we can do to help reduce it.   

I will admit I've been kinda neglecting this service but rest assured it is not forgotten.  Now that it's summer I probably won't do anything for a while but I do have plans to add more features, better security, and improve on some stuff like the graphs, maybe even more stats.  I've actually been wanting to add graph/history on data points for my home automation system, so I'll probably use the same code.

As a side note I've been wanting to look into a way to somewhat monetize this site, but I also don't want to do anything drastic or that would impede the experience.  I was thinking of maybe allowing vote buying, or be placed in a "featured shard" spot on top, but I also don't want to "sell out".  I am open to suggestions on what people feel is appropriate.  I may simply just stick with the existing ads. (but let's be honest everyone uses an ad blocker these days. :P )

Speaking of ads, rest assured I will NEVER use popups or obnoxious ads/methods like modals that defeat you from using the site.

This website and service is non profit other than the little revenue received through ads.
Donations are appreciated to help keep this service going.