Author Topic: POLLER DOWN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE [restored]  (Read 19134 times)

Red Squirrel

• Administrator
  • Seeker
    • Age of Valor free UO Shard
Re: POLLER DOWN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE [partially restored]
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 04:04:13 AM »
UPDATE!

I've successfully implemented true type fonts into my png library.  I was going to get fancy and try to make it so I can make slanted fonts and what not but could not get that to work but I got right to left and top to bottom working and that's good enough for me.

I was going to write a generic graphing library but then I started thinking, each particular scenario where I may want to make a graph will change, so it's easier to just write the code for the specific purpose instead of trying to make a one class fits all deal.

So I am now going to rewrite the existing graphic code of the poller to use my new png library.  If all goes well I should be able to run this through some testing for a bit then release it.

ETA is mid March, for now, assuming I don't run into issues.

Later on I may enhance the graphs, but for now the goal will be to just get them working how they were before. 

Red Squirrel

• Administrator
  • Seeker
    • Age of Valor free UO Shard
Re: POLLER DOWN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE [partially restored]
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »
Graphs are now working!

Added some minor enhancement like time stamp, which is kinda important considering there was no X axis indication of time.  Enhanced them graphic wise as well.  May enhance them even more in the future but they'll do for now.

This is still considered testing phase but I think it will be good as I did lot of testing.

There is a random crash issue I need to figure out, this was happening even before I added graph support and I have a general idea what is crashing, just need to debug it further and find out the root cause.  I get an alert on my phone when it goes down and often if I'm at a computer I just reset it and it's barely noticeable.  I could probably automate that but it's better to actually fix it. :P I'll get on that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:28:47 PM by Red Squirrel »

This website and service is non profit other than the little revenue received through ads.
Donations are appreciated to help keep this service going.