Author Topic: Poller down  (Read 6036 times)

Red Squirrel

• Administrator
  • Seeker
    • Age of Valor free UO Shard
Poller down
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:49:38 AM »
Our data centre experienced a level 2 power failure which caused all servers to be shut down.  For some reason the poller did not recover, and will no longer launch.  It's giving me issues with a shared library.  Unfortunately I did not realize how painful C++ and mysql is when I coded it, otherwise I would have made it use a flat file data base.  The whole shared library stuff in Linux can be a real mess, and that is exactly the issue I am having now.  Keeps saying the library is not found, which is BS.    If I can't get it to work it may be a while as I will need to recode it to use flat file or other database that wont require a library.

I will keep this updated.  Got home from night shift, so going to bed!

Currently all stats are "frozen" in time. Graphs, uptime value, etc.

Red Squirrel

• Administrator
  • Seeker
    • Age of Valor free UO Shard
Re: Poller down
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
The poller is now back up!  Stupid shared libraries.  Had to copy a few files around. Unexplainable issue, considering it worked before. 

The shards are now starting to get updated and we're good to go!

I still have plans to release a new poller as this one lags behind sometimes, just been busy with other stuff.  I need to write a PNG library as the one I use has a memleak and I want to fix that.

This website and service is non profit other than the little revenue received through ads.
Donations are appreciated to help keep this service going.